As you know, sometime set-top box firmware/software bricks due to power fluctuations, wrong firmware upgrade or incomplete dump process. Here I will tell you some easy method to get back your set-top box again without sending it to service centre.
To recover your dead set-top box, you need few tools or accessories which are:
- DB- null RS232 cable – Click here to know more
- A PC with Windows Operating System
- Serial Cable Driver Software (optional)
- Universal Loader Software to upgrade (This universal software works with almost all set-top boxes) – Download Here
- Latest Firmware for your STB in .bin or .abs (etc)
- Power backup (Like UPS / Invertors)
- Bricked / Dead STB
How to upgrade set-top box firmware via RS232 port?:
Now connect your set-top box to serial port of your computer using RS232 cable and confirm that STB should be in switch off.
Now install universal loader and open it, choose operate mode to “Upgrade” and now browse .abs or .bin file from your computer/pc directory. check “Include Bootloader” to upgrade flash. hit next, and simultaneously.
Following screen will come, now switch on your STB..
If your RS232 cable connection is correct then you will see following screen and wait for few minutes…
Once firmware download from our PC/computer to STB, it will be install as given below screen.
Alert- This method is used for recovering the dead STBs or Upgrade STB. Do it with your own risk.
please let me know via comment section. I will reply you here…