DiSEqC Switch means Digital Satellite Equipment Control, it is very useful satellite equipment for use multiple dish antenna in single set-top box. DiSEqC switch is commonly used to control satellite switches and dish antenna motors.
DiSEqC switch Versions and work:
- DiSEqC 1.0, which allows switching between up to 4 LNB in one Set-top Box
- DiSEqC 1.1, which allows switching between up to 16 LNB in one Set-top Box
- DiSEqC 1.2, which allows switching between up to 16 LNB and control of a single axis satellite motor
- DiSEqC 2.0, which adds bi-directional communications to DiSEqC 1.0
- DiSEqC 2.1, which adds bi-directional communications to DiSEqC 1.1
- DiSEqC 2.2, which adds bi-directional communications to DiSEqC 1.2
Here is example of DiSEqC 1.0 that how to use or how it works:
In this picture, I have connected
- DiSEqC Switch LNB1 to Satellite4,
- DiSEqC Switch LNB2 to Satellite1,
- DiSEqC Switch LNB3 to Satellite2,
- DiSEqC Switch LNB4 to Satellite3,
- DiSEqC Switch Receiver to Set-Top Box input
In this picture,
now in your set-top box select 4 satellites, and in each satellite give unique port no. for example if satellite name “TEST1” you have give port1 then this satellite will scan according this table.
Satellite Name “TEST1” = PORT1 = LNB1 = Satellite4
Satellite Name “TEST2” = PORT2 = LNB2 = Satellite1
Satellite Name “TEST3” = PORT3 = LNB3 = Satellite2
Satellite Name “TEST4” = PORT4 = LNB4 = Satellite3
Please let us know if you have any feedbacks or suggestion.